Institution: Midland College Application: “Workforce Education Course Manual (WECM) Leadership Project” Amount: 190,681 Project Description: Funds will be used to:
1. Provide three to five course review workshops organized according to AchieveTexas Career Clusters and State Programs of Study; support WECM database revisions; respond to online questions and comments via "WECM Comments"
2. Support State curriculum projects resulting in new career and technical education courses and initiatives for high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand occupations
3. Inform TEA of potential need for revision of the TEKS; provide professional development on the use of the WECM; and administer other WECM activities as deemed appropriate by the THECB and the WECM Leadership Committee for the 2011-2012 program year. This project also includes supporting the operation of the WECM Leadership Committee during the 2011-2012 program year
4. Review more than 3,000 CTE/CE courses
5. Provide an accessible and useful WECM course database that is fully updated by August 15, 2012
6. Make 5-7 presentations to 130-150 professionals in CTE/CE
7. Provide ongoing access to accurate and current information regarding WECM.